Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

These Legs Are Made For Strutting


Once upon a time, I didn’t have the courage to wear heels despite the fact that I loved them so much. I felt I was tall enough already and any additional inches would make me look awkward. But I wanted to wear them so bad, so I would google tall celebrities to see how they looked in their heels. And they looked fabulous so I’m thinking I can work it too. And with the occasional encouragement from my friends I began to make ‘bold’ shoe purchases.  From being scared to even purchase 2 inch heels, today I own up to 5 inch heels. And I’m grateful for my height. I love it and see it as a blessing, not a curse. I think my height actually plays a major role in eliciting compliments from strangers, so I can’t complain. To all my fellow ‘tallies,’ work with what you got, don’t be scared to put on those heels and turn heads.
*Side note: For the longest time I kept telling people I was 6 feet, until I went for my physical last year and the nurse measured my height. She told me I was about 5’9. I asked her to measure my height again because I’ve always told people I was 6 feet. She laughed! So apparently I’ve been lying about my height all along. Lol.

I got the shoes from Aldo last spring. Not the most comfortable, but beauty is pain especially when it comes to walking in heels.

 
Blake Lively was one of my inspirations when I was struggling with whether or not to wear high heels. Maybe I’m slightly taller than her, but she seems on the tall end nonetheless. She’s never afraid to rock her heels and show off her hot legs. And she always looks stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment